Cool Dude with JustNick

Happy 2018! I hope everyone had a great holiday and that the new year is off to a fantastic start!
Today I'm going back to my love of mixed media with a fun boy-themed layout using the Doodle Frames and All Boy cut files from JustNick.
This project began with a photo of my son from 2004 when he was just three years old. When I showed my husband the picture, he suggested I get a current shot and use both. It is so funny because after 14 years he still has the same smirk and I was able to capture it perfectly.
One of my goals for 2018 is to destash my stash - I have so many wonderful collections of papers and embellishments that need to be used - so I pulled out the Crate Paper Cool Kid collection for this project.
First, I used molding paste and gesso with a paint brush and applied them both to the black and white patterned paper. Once that was dry I splattered it with blue, orange, and yellow watercolor paints because I knew I would be using those three colors.
The yellow frame was created using the Doodle Frames file with the sketch and cut feature on the Silhouette. I used white card stock and a black sketch pen to create the frame and then painted it with the same yellow watercolor from the paint splatters. I used foam squares to adhere the frame so it pops off the page. The photos were then placed using my ATG for the left picture and more foam squares for the one on the right. I love giving my pages lots of dimension.
Next are the title and stars, which were cut using the All Boy file. These were again cut using white card stock and then painted with the orange and blue watercolors from the background. These were adhered with a combination of glue and foam squares depending on where they fell on the layout.
The stars were clustered around both photos with numbers pulled from the embellishments in the CP collection to indicate Caleb's age at the time the pictures were taken.
I added a few more embellishments above and below the title as well as the hand-written dates. This is one of my favorite projects in a while and I hope you are inspired to create today.
Be sure to visit the JustNick shop today for these and many other awesome cut files!!

Comments