Snow Day with JustNick Studio

Hey everyone! I hope you are all gearing up for a lovely holiday season with family and friends. I can hardly believe we are two days away from Christmas and almost to the end of 2017! 
Today I am sharing a layout using the beautiful new Snowflakes 2 file along with the Snowflake Background file from the JustNick shop.
It seems my scrappy mojo has left the building these past few weeks, so I have really been struggling with creating projects lately. For this layout, I decided to keep it simple and just go with whatever came to mind without overthinking it.
To make things easy, I stuck with one collection (Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa) and limited myself to snowflake cut files.
To begin, I cut the patterned paper down to 8 1/2 x 11 and placed a second piece along the bottom third. Next, I used white card stock and the Snowflake Background file as the base under my photo. I then layered gold die cuts from the collection along with pink snowflakes cut using the Snowflakes 2 file.
Next, I adhered the photo with foam squares that I doubled in thickness on top of more die cuts from the collection.
The "snowday" sentiment, snowflake, and flag were added to the right side of the photo to anchor everything and a few puffy stickers were placed around the cluster. Last, I added a few drops of black ink for dimension.
Again, this is a layout I put together in hopes of getting my creativity kick started since it has seemingly disappeared. Sometimes the only way to get it going again is to simply make something whether you love it or hate it. 
Remember that these and many other wonderful cut files are available in the JustNick shop!!
Have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year!

Comments