Thankful with JustNick

Happy fall, ya'll!!
It's my favorite time of year, and there is no shame in my game when it comes to letting anyone and everyone know. Today's project features a photo of a bunch of small pumpkins that my neighbor brought over last week . . . because she knows I love this time of year.
This layout uses the Card Sentiments 3Leaf Cluster 2, and Stems 5 cut files that are available in the JustNick Shop.
To begin, I used a piece of transparency paper to print a copy of the photo used on the layout. I love using different types of paper/mediums when creating with cut files.
There is a bit of trial and error involved with printing and cutting with transparencies, and You Tube is a great resource for finding tutorials. I ended up using washi tape to attach the transparency to a piece of copy paper so my printer would feed properly.
The finished photo was about 8 x 8, which was the perfect size for my title and stems.
The base of the layout is white card stock that I first prepped with Vicki Boutin matte acrylic gel. Once dry, I used Prima metallic watercolors to paint the card stock and add splatters
Next, I used patterned papers from Jen Hadfield's Warm and Cozy collection to cut several of the leaf clusters and stems. These were layered under my photo using Mono adhesive and foam squares for added dimension.
 
At the top of the layout I used more stems and leaf clusters to create a visual line across the page. I added a die cut from the same Jen Hadfield collection, Echo Park enamel dots, and white thread.
I also added the same white thread and more embellishments around the photo along with additional enamel dots.
The title was last and I added an arrow sticker beneath it to give it more weight.
The finished layout has so, so much dimension and I love the unique aspect of the transparency paper.
Thank you for stopping by today. Be sure to visit the JustNick shop for these and many other beautiful cut files.
Jennifer

Comments