Scary Cute Halloween Cards with JustNick Studio

This week on the JustNick blog the design team is featuring Halloween projects using the many adorable files available in the shop.















Rather than sticking with my usual layout, I decided to branch out of my comfort zone a bit and create a few cards instead. 
First up is the Trick or Treat card - I began with a white card and layered black AC card stock with patterned paper from Fairytale Club's This is Halloween collection (used for all of the cards). For the sentiment, I used AC glitter card stock with the 31 cut file and offset it with patterned paper. To give it dimension, I adhered it to the card with foam squares. To finish the card, I added a candy die cut (The Fairytale Club) and purple glitter enamel dots from Doodlebug.
Next up is the Boo card, which uses the 31 cut file with Spiderweb 2 and Spooky Stuff.
I began with black card stock for the base and added a piece of patterned paper cut slightly smaller. The spider web was sized down to fit the card and then placed in the lower left corner of the card. The Boo sentiment was next and adhered with foam squares for dimension. For the spider, I added hand stitching to make it appear as if it is coming down from the top of the card. I used a Spectrum Noir glitter pen to give it a bit of shine and attached it with foam. To complete the card, I added the purple heart die cut and more of the Doodlebug enamel dot.
The third and last card is my favorite. It began with a white card, which has black card stock and patterned paper adhered to the front. I machine stitched a strip of patterned paper down the right side of the card and focused all of my embellishments here.
.
The web was leftover from the Boo card and fit perfectly onto the strip of patterned paper. I adhered the 31 sentiment over the web and attached the Boo die cut along the bottom. The spider was cut from polka dot paper and adhered with a foam square. I finished it all with more of the glitter enamel dots from Doodlebug.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create today!

Comments