You Are Pretty Much My Most Favorite with JustNick

It's words and sentiments week on the JustNick blog and the design team has created some beautiful projects.
Today I'm sharing a layout that uses the My Most Favorite and Lattice Flower Background files with a photo I pulled from my oldest daughter's Instagram account (that's where I get some of my best material). 
This project began with the wood grain background paper and yellow paper from Felicity Jane. I cut the large Lattice Flower Background and adhered it to the background paper using Tombow Mono glue. Next, I pierced the paper within the negative spaces of the flower and then hand stitched with white, pink, and turquoise embroidery floss. With the large yellow flower and stitching complete, I added the smaller pink and blue flowers to the center. These were cut using WRMK patterned papers.
 
Once the stitching was complete, I printed my photo and backed it with more patterned paper from Felicity Jane. Prior to adhering the photo to the page, I created a banner with white string, tags,  and tassel a embellishment (all from Felicity Jane) and stapled it all in place with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.
I cut the sentiment next and have to admit that I did so three different times before I finally settled on the black card stock. For some reason, I just couldn't get the look I wanted and stuck with black to tie in with the black and white photo.
I followed the banner with several stickers and die cuts from Maggie Holmes that I clustered on the top and bottom right corners of the photo.
Last, I created a visual triangle with the gold stars to complete the project.
While my scrappy mojo has escaped me as of late, I am pleased with how this turned out and hope to keep the creativity flowing.
Please be sure to visit the JustNick shop for these and many other awesome cut files.

Comments